Teradek Cube 755 HEVC/H.264 HD Encoder
- 1080p60 Video for Monitoring/Streaming
- SDI and HDMI Video Inputs
- Ethernet, Wi-Fi, and USB Streaming
- USB Port Supports Cellular Modems
- Adaptive Bit Rate Encoding up to 30 Mbps
- 3D LUT and Pomfort LiveGrade Support
- SD Card Slot for Recording
- Test Pattern Generator
- Monitoring on up to 6 Networked Devices
- OLED Display and Joystick Navigation
Set up a Teradek Cube 755 HEVC/H.264 HD Encoder and output video for live monitoring on a local area network or stream to a remote destination over a cellular network. SDI and HDMI inputs can accept up to 1080p60 resolution video and any resolution that is accepted by either input can be streamed live over hardwired Ethernet, Wi-Fi, or USB (for connecting a cellular modem), and/or recorded to an SD card at a data rate of up to 30 Mbps. The lightweight chassis itself is built from robust aluminum and it can be secured atop most cameras using the included shoe mount. One side features an OLED panel for displaying device status and menus and a joystick for navigation.
- HEVC and H.264 Encoding
- HEVC, or H.265 provides an encoding efficiency improvement over the older H.264 format. All other things being equal an H.265 encoding will be of higher fidelity than H.264. H.264 encoding is still useful, and included to ensure compatibility with legacy hardware.
- If connected to a local area network via Wi-Fi or Ethernet, the Cube 755 can stream the incoming video signal to up to 6 mobile devices running Android with the VLC app or iOS with the TeraView or VUER apps. Set your crew up with compatible devices and give them real-time wireless camera feeds without breaking the bank.
- LUT Support
- Import a 33-point 1D or 3D LUT to apply to the video being encoded by the Cube 755 to give your encoded video a finished look. Later, you can go back to the camera originals recorded with the log or flat profile and color grade them, but on-set your director, client, and crew will appreciate a more true-to-life image than the one being recorded. Another option is to use the Pomfort LiveGrade integration, using LiveGrade to manually configure a grade to apply to the encoded footage.
- Quick Features
- Real-time HEVC H.264, 1080p encoding up to 60 fps
- SDI and HDMI inputs
- Adaptive bit rate encoding at up to 30 Mbps
- Support for 33-point 3D LUTs and Pomfort LiveGrade integration
- Support for USB cellular modems
- SD card slot for recording
- Test pattern generator with custom test pattern loading
- Monitoring on up to six iOS and/or Android devices simultaneously
- Aluminum housing, OLED display, and joystick navigation buttons
What is HEVC?
HEVC, also known as H.265, is a next-generation compression standard that offers a number of enhancements over H.264. Compared to AVC (H.264) compression, HEVC is 50% more efficient, which translates into maintaining the same video quality at half the bitrate or double the video quality at the same bitrate.
The new Cube 700 and Slice 756 series
The new Cube 700 and Slice 756 series bring the latest in compression technology at a size and price point never before seen.
What makes HEVC Cube and Slice unique
• Can use both HEVC (H.265) and AVC (H.264) High Profile compression
• Compatible with Core transcoding engine. This allows you to take advantage of HEVC encoding when streaming to Core, while delivering your content in AVC to your destination.
• Dual input (HDMI + 3G-SDI)
• Compatible with the new Bond expansion module, allowing you to turn your Cube 700 series into a professional bonding solution
• GigE and 2.4 / 5Ghz 802.11ac WiFi built-in
• Bitrate support up to 30Mbps
• Streaming resolution support up to 1080p60
• Compatible with T-21, Sencore, and Vitec HEVC decoders
• Uses just 6W of power
What can Cube and Slice codecs do?
• Stream to any online video platform, such as Facebook, Youtube, Twitch, Periscope, and more.
• Stream point-to-point to decoders over the internet or on local networks with latency as low as 80ms
Comprehensive protocol support: MPEG-TS, RTSP, RTMP, HLS, TDS
• Monitor your live video feed on an iOS device for confidence or local configuration
• Turn your camera into a wireless video feed for Teradek’s Live:Air iOS switcher application