SmallHD 702 OLED 7" On-Camera Monitor
SmallHD 702 OLED 7" On-Camera Monitor Kit comes with everything you need to connect your camera and monitor images with the high-contrast vibrant OLED display built into the monitor. In addition to the monitor, this kit includes SDI and HDMI cables, a sun hood, screen protectors, and a microfiber cleaning cloth. When you're done, the kit packs away into the included hard case for protection during storage and transport. See below for more information on the individual items included in this kit.
702 OLED 7" On-Camera Monitor
Adding OLED display technology to their 700-series monitors, SmallHD's 702 OLED 7" On-Camera Monitor adds a wide-gamut display solution suitable for DSLRs, mirrorless cameras, ENG camcorders, and cinema cameras. Using an OLED panel offers distinct advantages over standard backlit LCD panels. Since each pixel generates its own light, pure black can be achieved by turning individual pixels off. Pure blacks result in images with higher overall contrast and perceived detail.
Taking a design cue from their production monitor series, the 702 OLED is encased in a milled aluminum housing and has five custom function buttons, in addition to the joystick and back button for navigating the Page Builder OS. The OLED display itself is protected by a scratch-resistant Gorilla Glass pane, for clear visibility of the dark black levels presented by the OLED display. Around the monitor there are five 1/4"-20 threaded mounting points for attaching the 702 OLED to articulating arms, stands, or securing accessories. At the rear of the chassis are the HDMI and SDI I/O and battery bays. Each bay can take either an LP-E6 or NP-F (L-Series) battery depending on the insertion direction.
- Page Builder OS
- Page Builder OS is an intuitive graphical user interface (GUI) that puts all the advanced functionality of the 702 OLED at your fingertips. Rather than have confusing menus, this GUI allows you to selectively apply monitoring tools such as waveform, vectorscope, multiview, LUTs, and focusing aids on different "pages". These pages can be easily flipped through using the joystick. The buttons on the front panel can also toggle monitoring tools on and off for each page.
- Factory Calibration
- Able to display a wide color gamut, the 702 OLED comes pre-calibrated from the factory to portray accurate colors. If the display requires further calibration, 3D LUTs from industry standard calibration software, such as Light Illusion's LightSpace CMS, or SpectraCal's CalMAN, can be loaded via SD card.
- On-Set Problem Solving
- Page-Builder OS has a dedicated "Output Preview" page, which allows you to apply LUTs and other image adjustments specific to the output signal from the monitor. Whether you have your camera connected to the HDMI or SDI input on the 702 OLED, you are not limited by that protocol; the 702 OLED cross converts to ensure compatibility with downstream hardware.
- HD Scopes
- Fill the screen with up to three simultaneous scopes, including waveform, vectorscope, and histogram while still being able to observe the camera feed.
- Exposure Tools
- Exposure Assist supports both ARRI and Spectrum based false color, with built in IRE guides for reference. Utilize 2x Zebra to warn you when reaching a brightness level of your choosing. This is great for matching exposure across shots and cameras.
- Versatile Frame Guides
- Select standard markers and safety areas that can be overlaid on the display as lines or matte overlays, with custom opacity level and colors. Default aspect ratios include 4:3, 1.85, 2.39:1, 16:9, and Custom (user selectable).
Microfiber Cleaning Cloth
Made from a non-abrasive material, this Microfiber Cleaning Cloth from SmallHD is a safe option for cleaning glass surfaces and coatings on a monitor or camera. It measures approximately 7 x 7" and is easily stored in a bag or pocket when not in use.UPC: 850246006126
Thin-Gauge HDMI Male Cable (12")
Connect your portable devices to HDMI displays with the 12" Thin-Gauge HDMI Male Cable from smallHD. This RoHS-compliant cable allows you to transfer movies, photos, and videos from devices like smartphones, digital cameras, and video cameras with standard HDMI connectors to view on your standard HDMI (type-A) television, projector, or computer monitor.UPC: 857497005908
HDMI Cable (3')
The 3' HDMI Cable from SmallHD allows you to transmit high-quality digital audio and video on a single cable. This cable features a male HDMI connector on each end, and is compatible with a wide variety of devices such as SmallHD monitors.UPC: 857497005298
Thin BNC Cable (24")
At only 2.75mm in diameter this Thin BNC Cable from SmallHD will snake around nearly any component you have in your rig, perfect for use in compact camera setups with an EVF or on-camera monitor which uses SDI.UPC: 857497005960
Thin BNC Cable (48")
At only 2.75mm in diameter this Thin BNC Cable from SmallHD will snake around nearly any component you have in your rig, perfect for use in compact camera setups with an EVF or on-camera monitor which uses SDI.UPC: 857497005977
Medium Hard Case for 500/700-Series Monitors
Protect your 500 or 700-series monitor with this Medium Hard Case from SmallHD. The inside of the case is comprised of pick-and-pluck foam which can be easily customized to the shape of your monitor and essential accessories you may want to carry alongside your monitor. A rubber gasket seal keeps the case air and water-tight, while an automatic pressure purge system ensures the case is easy to open in pressure-differential situations. Molded-in padlock holes near the latches let you guard your monitor from theft. Once everything is packed up and the case is secured with the locking latches, the molded carry handle provides a comfortable way to transport your equipment.
- High-impact molded case with neoprene O-ring seal
- Fully customizable, pick-apart foam insert
- Airtight and watertight
- Automatic pressure purge system
- Molded-in padlock holes