Core SWX HC8R Battery
Vendor: Core SWX
The HyperCore SLIM HC8 RED is a remodeled and upgraded follow-up to the original HyperCore SLIM RED. It's still slim, but has an angular and sleeker body, and features a large, advanced LCD right on the front like the very first, non-slim HyperCore does. Moreover, the LCD is also upgraded with a white LED backlight. The HyperCore SLIM HC8 RED is designed for applications requiring a low-profile battery, including UAV and gimbal applications. It's slim enough to clear the rails of most gimbals.
With an 85Wh capacity, the HyperCore SLIM HC8 RED is also TSA-friendly, falling under the 98Wh air travel limitations, and this is reinforced by the "Air Travel Compliant" logo on the front of the battery. So you can bring as many with you in carry-on luggage as you need. At the same time, this slim version also retains all the major features of the original HyperCore battery, most notably the HyperCore cells, which provide the ability to handle 10A draws for extended periods without diminishing in service life, so you can rely on the battery for a long time. Additionally, being such a workhorse, the battery is perfectly suitable for the RED Scarlet, Epic, Weapon, and likely any other camera we can expect from RED in the near future.
The LCD is located on the most practical part of the battery for it, right on the front. Behind this LCD is a fuel computer that takes an aggregate view of past usage and charge/discharge performance and delivers a run time that's accurate down to the minute. When the battery is in use, run-time is provided in hours and minutes. When the battery is in stand-by mode, an estimate is provided based on a dummy load of 30W, and when the battery is charging a percentage readout of remaining charge time is displayed.
Other features include 1,000 charge/discharge cycles, safety sensors, D-tap output, advanced hibernation feature, quick-glance 4-LED gauge on the side, and charge routine management. The cells are housed in an over-molded, rubberized housing that both protects against impacts as well as provides an ergonomic, non-slip handle. Based on a 25W load, the HyperCore SLIM HC8 RED is estimated to run for approximately 3.4 hours.
The hibernation feature was designed to minimize issues resulting from self-discharge, and to preserve state of charge, leaving you making fewer trips to the charger. This feature consists of an accelerometer tied to a clocking algorithm that gauge inactivity and trigger a deep sleep after 48 hours of continuous non-use. Upon the slightest movement, the battery comes back to life at maximum capacity.
The HyperCore SLIM HC8 RED will charge on your RED charger, as well as IDX, Sony, and Core SWX V-mount chargers, making it a very charger-compatible battery and allowing you to keep any compatible charger you may already own.
Note: The HyperCore SLIM HC8 RED can be used on non-RED cameras as well, but you will only be able to get basic information communicated to the viewfinder.
- Key Features
- 14.8V 85Wh V-mount lithium-ion battery
- Designed to RED's communication protocol
- Communicates exact % of battery life to RED viewfinder LCD
- Remodeled and upgraded follow-up to the original HyperCore SLIM RED
- Angular and sleeker body
- Large, advanced LCD with a white backlight located on the front
- Designed for applications requiring low-profile batteries, including for UAVs and gimbals
- Slim enough to clear most gimbal rails
- Capable of handling 10A draws for extended periods -- suitable for the Scarlet, Epic, Weapon, and more
- Accurate runtime display down to the minute
- 1,000 charge/discharge cycles
- Safety sensors
- D-tap output
- Advanced hibernation feature
- Quick-glance 4-LED gauge on the side
- Charge routine management
- Ergonomic, rubberized, non-slip, over-molded, anti-impact housing
- Approximately 3.4 hour runtime based on 25W load
- Compatible with RED, IDX, Sony, and Core SWX V-mount chargers