Core SWX HC8AG Battery
With an 85Wh capacity, the HyperCore SLIM HC8 is also TSA-friendly, falling under the 98Wh air travel limitations, and this is reinforced by the "Air Travel Compliant" logo on the front of the battery. So you can bring as many with you in carry-on luggage as you need. At the same time, this slim version also retains all the major features of the original HyperCore battery, most notably the HyperCore cells, which provide the ability to handle 10A draws for extended periods without diminishing in service life, so you can rely on the battery for a long time. Additionally, being such a workhorse, the battery is suitable for pretty much every camera, from the smallest one to the larger cinema cameras, like the ARRI Alexa.
The LCD is located on the most practical part of the battery for it, right on the front. Behind this LCD is a fuel computer that takes an aggregate view of past usage and charge/discharge performance and delivers a run time that's accurate down to the minute. When the battery is in use, run-time is provided in hours and minutes. When the battery is in stand-by mode, an estimate is provided based on a dummy load of 30W, and when the battery is charging a percentage readout of remaining charge time is displayed.
Other features include 1000 charge/discharge cycles, safety sensors, D-tap output, advanced hibernation feature, quick-glance 4-LED gauge on the side, and charge routine management. The cells are housed in an over-molded, rubberized housing that both protects against impacts as well as provides an ergonomic, non-slip handle. Based on a 25W load, the HyperCore SLIM HC8 is estimated to run for approximately 3.4 hours.
The hibernation feature was designed to minimize issues resulting from self-discharge, and to preserve state of charge, leaving you making fewer trips to the charger. This feature consists of an accelerometer tied to a clocking algorithm that gauge inactivity and trigger a deep sleep after 48 hours of continuous non-use. Upon the slightest movement, the battery comes back to life at maximum capacity.
The HyperCore Slim Gold Mount will charge on Anton Bauer and Switronix Gold mount chargers, making it a very charger-compatible battery and allowing you to keep any compatible charger you may already own.
- Key Features
- 14.8V 85Wh Gold mount lithium-ion battery
- Remodeled and upgraded follow-up to the original HyperCore SLIM
- Angular and sleeker body
- Large, advanced LCD with a white backlight located on the front
- Designed for applications requiring low-profile batteries, including for UAVs and gimbals
- Slim enough to clear most gimbal rails
- Capable of handling 10A draws for extended periods -- suitable for even the largest cinema cameras
- Accurate runtime display down to the minute
- 1000 charge/discharge cycles
- Safety sensors
- D-tap output
- Advanced hibernation feature
- Quick-glance 4-LED gauge on the side
- Charge routine management
- Ergonomic, rubberized, non-slip, over-molded, anti-impact housing
- Approximately 3.4 hour runtime based on 25W load
- Compatible with Anton Bauer and Switronix Gold mount chargers