Freefly Systems announces the release of the Alta Pro
Freefly has announced the release of the next generation Alta. The Freefly Alta sets the bar as the world’s most capable and dependable drone. With its blend of extreme performance and ease of use, it has fast become the cinema industry’s go-to workhorse.
Go behind the scenes with Freefly on the set of the Alta Pro launch video.
The Alta Pro line builds on the exceptional first generation of Freefly drones. Freefly have added waypoint technology to allow pre-programmed movements and autopilot functionality. Pro is powered by the renowned, capable, and open PX4 flight stack.
Specifications for the Alta Pro are:
Cutting Edge Software
The completely resigned Alta Pro flight controller runs open PX4 flight stack for quick and powerful interfacing.
- PX4 mission autopilot
- On ground control mission planner with long range 900mhz telemetry radio
- Advanced, high-bandwidth position held
- User-definable LED lights for maximum pilot visibility
From case to landing, Freefly have honed every step of the Alta Pro experience to give the pilot an edge over the competition.
- From case to flying in under 2 minutes
- Integrated payload quick release on top and bottom
- Folds flat with no tools needed
Precision meets power
Freefly’s proprietary motors and motor drives give Alta Pro drones unmatched capacity. Pilots can turn on a dime while carrying industry-leading payloads.
- Lift a 20lb payload for 12 to 15 minutes
- Silent drive technology for low noise and precise closed-loop control of propellers
- 10-year driven Freefly reliability and robustness
Upgrade your existing Alta 6 or 8 – Here’s how
Enjoy the benefits of ALTA Pro’s autonomous movement by upgrading your current Alta 6 or Alta 8. Alta Pro forges new paths in autonomous movement with its state-of-the-industry technology stack. Upgrading from ALTA’s Synapse system to ALTA Pro provides additional performance and usability features, including:
- Ground control mission planner which includes a long-range 900mhz telemetry radio
- Advanced, high-bandwidth position hold offering unprecedented precision, repeatability, and stability
- PX4-based mission autopilot
- Integrates with a wider variety of drone software via Mavlink protocol
- Flexible ground control module compatible with Mac, PC, Android, iOS
- Open source communications protocol (Mavlink) with existing community support
- With the Full power of PX4 flight controller architecture, ALTA has all the features of a modern drone: waypoints, autonomy, telemetry/C2, autoland, etc.
Your ALTA Pro upgrade will include:
- Installation of a new flight control and GPS system
- Installation and setup of a new 900mhz telemetry radio system
- 1000-hour check-up service (outlined below)
In addition to upgrading, Freefly will also inspect your ALTA with emphasis on:
- Wear and fatigue items
- Updated or revised components & service bulletins
- Validate and confirm your ALTA is within performance thresholds
- Full cleaning and fastener replacement (as needed)
- System level test and re-qualification
Notes from Freefly:
- Please do not ship your Alta to Freefly before receiving an authorization. Within two business days of submitting your order, Freefly Support will contact via the email address provided on the order to collect your serial number and issue a Return Authorization.
- The upgrade service cost assumes that your ALTA is in flight-ready condition and not in need of major repairs. If repairs are necessary before the upgrade can be performed, you will be notified about additional costs.
- You are responsible for any costs associated with shipping the ALTA to Freefly for the Pro Update Service.
- When completing the purchase for this upgrade in the store, there will be a shipping charge included. This charge covers shipping costs to get the ALTA back to you after the upgrade. For this charge to be properly calculated and so we can ship it to the correct address after the service, you need to put your return shipping address as the shipping address on the order.
You can purchase your Alta Pro upgrade by clicking here
The new Alta Pro 6 & 8 will be added to our site soon! Enjoy flying!